Sunday, October 14, 2012

Where is your treasure?

Today, there were several instances when I was reminded that I cannot make these changes and I cannot receive my healing on my own and through my own efforts. The first time was as I listened to Dr. Charles Stanley's teaching (on TV this morning) where he said that anything that we try or obtain on or through our own efforts (without God) will fail. The next time was during Pastor's sermon where he stated that we have to stop doing things on our own. I cannot remember who else said it but it was during a casual conversation that took place today.

This evening, I sat down to have quiet time. God reminded me of a previous blog post where I referenced Matthew 19:26 which says, "With men, [this] is impossible, but all things are possible with God." Then God also showed me a familiar scripture reference but pointed out something new. He guided me to Matthew 6:31-33. As I read through the verses (that I have read many times), He specifically pointed to the beginning of verses 31 and 33. Then He put it together as: "Do not worry about what you eat or drink...but seek Me first and everything else will be added to you."

where is your treasure?
He had me turn back to the beginning of the chapter and showed me verse 21 (another very familiar verse): "For where your treasure is, there will your heart also be."

At this point, I asked God to slow down. You see, He was giving all of this to me so quickly and I was noticing that I was having a hard time keeping up. I also noticed that my legs were quivering. I knew what that meant. I grabbed my test kit and discovered that my glucose had dropped very low. I took care of that situation and went back to my time with God. He was so great in that He brought me right back to where we had stopped. He slowed down so that I could process all that He was saying. Then He spoke directly to me:

"My daughter, You are trying over and over again to find the solution on your own. Without Me, this is impossible. I do not want you to worry and fret about this, though I want you to make wise choices in eating. I want to guide you. But I also want you to examine your heart and see where your treasure is. Is it with Me? Or is it with the food that you constantly think about eating and that has its control on you? Seek Me, my love...my daughter."

I must confess: although I started this blog out of obedience to what God asked me to do, I had secret ambitions that this blog was going to be a big success and/or that it would be the "next big thing." As I sit here typing, I am thinking: Is this where my treasure is? Honestly, it doesn't matter if no one else ever reads this blog (including my family and friends). It doesn't matter if it ever gets high web traffic hits. All that matters is that I seek God as I do it and that I remain obedient to Him.

Blessings!

Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment