Monday, December 12, 2011

I Can Bring Home The Bacon

I absolutely love bacon...love it, love it, love it (especially Smithfield Thick-Cut Bacon). But, while I love bacon, I don't like making it. It is a mess to clean up. I have discovered that the best way (for me) to make bacon is to line a rectangular baking pan with foil and make the bacon in the oven. Yes, it takes longer but there are no splatters and, after letting the fat solidify, I just pull off and throw away the foil...UNTIL NOW, that is.

yummy bacon

Yesterday, I found a timer saver while at Sam's Club. They carry Hormel Black Label Fully Cooked Bacon. This is a resealable 72 count package of pre-cooked bacon. Open it up, take out the number of slices desired, zip it shut, and put it back in the refrigerator! Now, pop it in the microwave or do as I did this morning and place the slices in the skillet for 30-60 seconds after scrambling eggs. Voila! Already, I can see how this will help me in preparing breakfast meals on the fly during the week. Yippee!

What good protein-filled breakfasts meals do you have during the week? I'd love for you to share some of your ideas.

Blessings!

Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment