Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Snickerdoodle!

Last Friday, I woke up with a head cold...just in time to head to G's for the cookie bake. My head hurts, my eyes hurt, my body hurts, and I have not had much of an appetite. I am starting to feel better but some of it still lingers. I honestly don't get sick often. Yet, I have now been sick twice in the matter of a month (except that the last time was the flu...nasty fever, chills/sweats, and the like).

oh snickerdoodle!

Anyway, I just haven't had the desire to eat the cookies that I baked on Sunday. That's a good thing! I love my Chocolate Chip and M&M cookies but I just can't get "in to" eating them. Tuesday night, Z and I finished baking the cookies from the dough that I had prepared at G's. Well, I can tell that I am starting to feel better because those Snickerdoodles have been such a temptation to me. I will admit it: I came home from Z's karate tonight and ate 4 cookies with a small glass of milk. You know what happened afterward...that's right: Now, why did I eat them?! One cookie (without milk) would have sufficed. But I chose to eat 4 cookies instead. Urgh! However, I cannot live under the guilt and condemnation. I made a poor choice but it's over. Today is a new day!

On the eating note, I am still working on ideas for breakfast. I want to kick this thing (carb-free eating) off after the new year. I am not doing it as a New Year's Resolution. I have simply chosen that time frame because of the holidays and Z and I will be at G's after Christmas (annual tradition).

Are you ready for Christmas? Do you have all your shopping done? We are almost done. The boys and I will be going shopping for My Love on Saturday and then we are finished. Have I told you that I am notorious for taking small presents and wrapping them in big boxes? Well, you should see the presents under the tree this year!! Lots of disguising going on!! :-)

Blessings!

Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment